Samosa recipe – Searching for creating perfect crunchy, flaky & sumptuous samosas at a house with these easy process & step by step recipe posts. Samosa is a potato-filled deep-fried that is very famous not only in India but also across Asian countries and the middle east. It is considered that they began from the middle east and was produced to India by the Dealers.
I admire Samosa and I didn’t think that I could even place it in terms, how much I prefer a good Aloo Samosa. I usually don’t like deep frying anything and I am not very attached to eating such stuff either.
If there is one exemption, that has grown to be Samosa. I have very loving representations of packages of Samosa that dad used to bring home, from his appointments to the market. We should one shop that performed really good Samosas and all my first, as well as best memories, are from there.
What I think these homemade Punjabi samosas you can pick up to any store-bought samosa a run for its money. In fact, many store-bought samosas take it so wrong that it’s incredible – the filling is not appealing enough, or the pastry is not deep-fried properly.
I know many of us want to make good samosas is expertise and needs time and patience, so I don’t have any shortcuts today. Because the best Indian Punjabi samosas don’t deserve them. People justify being made with affection and care and patience so that while you take that first bite you are exiled back to your favorite childhood mithai shop.
Which flour should I use to make Samosa?
There are thousand of flour available in market. But the thing is that we don’t know which one I can use for making a Punjabi Samosa. But we can recommended you can swap in some of the maida for whole wheat flour (atta). Whole wheat flour samosas will result in a denser samosa pastry, but they still be very tasty!
Should I baked my Samosa?
Yes, You can be baked your samosa can be in general. Though I think deep-frying gives the best results, and when you are experiencing something like samosas, you must stop troubling about it living healthy and just indulge. To bake these, the value of oil in the dough will require to be increased to give the same flaky results, without making them overly oily. I’m testing a baked samosa recipe and if I’m happy, I will put it up soon!
Ingredients For Making Samosa
These are Ingredients that are prepared for 5 people serving.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon raisins
- 1 cup potato
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- black salt As required
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup of refined oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt As required
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 tablespoon water
How to Make Samosa Recipe (Punjabi)
- First to you need to make a dough, add flour, salt, carrom seeds, oil in a big bowl, and mix. Rub it nicely to make a crumbly breadcrumb-like a mix.
- Add the oil and then start mixing with your fingers
- Do these steps for 3 to 4 minutes, you don’t want to rush this step.
- What I recommend using cold water knead a stiff dough. Don’t over knead, simply combine and mix everything to bring the dough together
Need to Make Spicy Potato and Peas filling for the Samosa Recipe
5. You need to Heat oil in a pan. next Add grated ginger, finely chopped green chilies and cook for a minute. Then you need too add fresh coriander leaves and cook for another minute.
6. Wating about a minute add fresh or frozen green peas and stir.
7. Need to add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and amchur powder (dried mango powder) to it and mix well. As per the need which I have mentioned in the ingredients
8.Pour 2-3 tbsp water and cook peas.
9. Take it off heat and keep aside. The samosa filling is ready
10. Now The main work has been started Divide the dough into 12 round balls and take one ball and roll into oval/oblong shape.
11. Cut it from the middle. Take one half and make a cone out of it as shown in video and photo
12. Add the Stuff the prepared filling nicely
13. Next you need to close the edges using very little water to stick the end.
14. These are the important steps to deep fry fill a pan with oil to fry. Heat the oil till smoky point. Slow down the heat and add 2-3 samosa together.
15. Deep fry on low heat till light golden and crispy (15 -16 minutes).
16. Prepare next batch like wise. Samosa is ready. Each batch takes approximately 18-10 minutes.
If you really like how to make samosa recipe Punabi, please leave a comment and Rating for the recipe. Do share the good food, recipes and good vibes with your friends and family on Facebook, WhatsApp or twitter :).